Wednesday, January 07, 2009

World of World of World of Warcraft

I bought Blizzard Entertainment's "World of Warcraft" about six months ago, just to better understand the state of MMORPGs (massively multiplayer online role-playing games), something in which I've had a casual interest ever since the protogenic "Dungeons and Dragons" burst into nerdly bedrooms back in the 1970s. Problem is, one must devote a *great* deal of free time to the game to become proficient and advance in player level, and free time is one thing I have little of these days. Hence, my seventh-level Paladin was all but abandoned in the ether several months ago, and I finally canceled my account a couple weeks ago.

I'll no doubt return to WoW or something like it in the near future, perhaps when my kids have cajoled my wife and I into letting them play online games, but in the meantime I have The Onion to make be feel good about my abstinence:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home