Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Please vote "No" on California's Proposition 8

For the past few days now my Google Ad space in the lower right corner of your browser window (perhaps below the fold) has carried a single "Yes on Prop 8" message (Prop 8 is California's initiative to ban same-sex marriage). The text varies but the message is always "Yes on Prop 8." I can only conclude that whoever is paying for these ads is spending a great deal of money if their efforts end up on my blog, as none of the content I've written shares any affinity with this position. If gay people wish to take part in the absolutely *bankrupt* institution that is marriage in the United States, where the divorce rate hovers near fifty percent, I welcome them with open arms -- they can't screw things up any worse than heterosexuals already have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home